Saturday, January 23, 2016

Word of the Year - 2016

Have you ever done a word of the year? Do you have one for this year?

This is the second or third year I've had a word I've used to keep me focused where God is leading me to focus.

This year my word is...

Commitment.

It's a big word with big meaning. The purpose behind it is to keep me focused on the commitments I've made so I can follow through with them and not get distracted away from them. It also means to be careful what commitments I make. To commit to only the things God is leading me to. Then do them with full commitment.

So far, I've been able to stay focused and committed to my 2016 projects. (And a few from 2015 I didn't stay committed to.)

Alas, it is only January! So, my prayer is that I stay committed to seeking the Lord daily in what He desires me to do. What His will is, instead of just what's on my agenda. Hopefully, I'll be able to share in February, March and even all the way through December that, by God's grace, I've stayed committed.

This is an especially big undertaking because of what I feel God's called me to do this year;

* Write a 12 book mini-ebook series on being #transformed.
* Keep consistent on my blogs.
* Video blog to communicate even more effectively.
* Go to Africa on my first international mission trip.
* Finish a few book projects started last year.
* Be effective in my time usage.
* Keep homeschooling and loving my babies
* Be consistent and available for my hubby and support him as he begins to build our new house.

Whew! I'm so glad I know it's God that strengthens me, and not me! I'd be worn out already.

Instead, thought, because He's keeping me grounded and energized through spending time with Him in prayer, I know I can do all He's called me to do this year.

Your list may look completely different. It most likely does. But whatever your list looks like, whatever your word is, commit it to the Lord, and He'll give you everything you need to do everything He's called you to do.

I'd love to know what your word is for 2016! And to hear what God's doing in your life. Comment below or email me at tracy_wainwright.com. And, as always, I invite you to join my mailing list at my website to keep updated on all the things God is doing.

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment