Monday, June 29, 2015

Bible Reading Challenge

I've been working on a new non-fiction book {A Closer Walk} for a little while. Now that summer is here and school is out, I'm finding much more time to write (this is how life works for us homeschooling moms - a little backwards). As I dive into the book and see God working in me, one of the things I've felt led to incorporate is a Bible Reading Challenge. The book has 31 sections (not to worry - they're all pretty short!). 

This reminded me of another author who said he read the Psalms and Proverbs each month; broken down to 5 Psalms a day and one Proverb, you can get through both books every month. I did it once. Now I'm ready to do it again, with a little added. Okay, a lot added - like the whole New Testament! 

As I dive into God's Word I am always blessed. 

And if I'm going to recommend my readers do this, then I need to have done it myself. It will be a lot of reading - that's what makes it a challenge - but I believe it will come with immeasurable rewards. 

The challenge starts July 1. I'd love to have you join me! You can follow me on Twitter or my Facebook page for daily reminders, encouragement, and updates. You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment